Men's Diverge E5 Elite
We're adamant believers that you needn't have an elitist's budget to feel like one. Need proof? Take a look at Specialized's Diverge E5 Elite.
The Diverge frame will comfortably fit up to 700x42mm tires with plenty of room for mud, too. Weight was a large factor in the development, so Specialized took some design cues from the Roubaix with an E5 Premium Aluminum frame that's plenty light, certainly stiff for hard efforts, and undeniable durable.
Specialized opted for a new Open Road Geometry. We know what you're thinking, "it's just another marketing term," but they truly did develop an entirely new geometry. Think of it as a road version of modern trail bike geometry. It provides playful handling and predictable steering for endless dirt skids and mid-corner drifts. The geo features a bottom bracket that's over a half-centimeter lower than the previous Diverge, a slacked-out head tube angle, short chainstays, and a short wheelbase. These changes make for a bike that's not only fun in the dirt, but also performs well on the road.
Specialized topped it off with three water bottle mounts and mounts for racks and fenders. So while it's one of the most smile-inducing bikes you'll ever shred fire roads on, it's equally adept at bike packing, commuting, or even a spin to your local brewery. The frame, meanwhile, is topped off with a Shimano Tiagra groupset, mechanical-disc brakes, and an Axis Sport wheelset.
Apr 15, 2018
- Lightweight, Versatile
- Best Uses:
- Road Biking, Commuting/City
- Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, flat mount disc
- Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc,
- Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle
- Axis Sport Disc
- Specialized Espoir Sport Reflect, 700x30mm, 60 TPI, double BlackBelt protection
- Praxis Alba 2D
- KMC X10, 10-speed w/ Missing Link
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano Tiagra, long cage, 10-speed
- Cassette/Rear Cogs
- Shimano Tiagra, 10-speed, 11-32t
- Shimano Tiagra
- Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
- Specialized S-Wrap
- Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
- Brake Levers
- Shimano Tiagra
- Tektro Mira, flat mount, mechanical disc
- Body Geometry Toupé Sport, steel rails, 143mm
- Seat Post
- Alloy, 2-bolt clamp